Sunday, July 23, 2006

Nath&SimonMichael


Nath&SimonMichael
Originally uploaded by nathpng.

Simon is the day security guard - I've posted about him before. He's a very good guy. Security guards up here make around K90 per fortnight. At 10hrs per day, and 14 days a fortnight, that's 0.64t - or approx. 30cents Australian an hour. Have become quite close to Simon, poro bilong me. Every single day of the week, he's outside or around - playing with the kids or chatting with the lads around the place. Taught me a good whack of my (halting) pigen also. Met the family and hopefully get to see his village if/when I get to Goroka for a final Jase/Eden go-finish soiree later in August.

(PS - that's the other side of my house/compound you can see in the background...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home