Saturday, March 11, 2006

Poser books – I love em’



A close friend told me the other day they did this survey once of travelling backpackers – and asked what reasoning came into buying a book. One of the highest reasons was how it would look. I have no problem with this theory.

Witness.

This book certainly falls into that category. Check it out – “The end of poverty”. (!). I mean – my house will be chic, and there will be curio’s --cough-- Anyways, I’m half-way through it and I feel like I’m drowning in Keynes and hyper-inflated ego’s talking about success stories in countries torn at one stage by hyper-inflation – but places which are still experiencing bone-crushing poverty. I’m going to give this book till it’s end, then write a proper review. So far, I *might* find this useful if I was a 1st year Economics student who already thought he had it figured out... I’m hoping it will broaden out.

But I just had to get that off my chest – feeling much better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home