Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Anyone ever play SimCity where

you didn’t plan enough power plants…? Lae has been like that for the past day or so. Word is that there are landowner issues (and people taken hostage?) out at one of the hydro-power stations – demanding more compensation. Yesterday morning around 3am the power was cut. I program an old alarm clock near my bed each time there’s a power cut, so that I can tell how long the power has been out when I wake up (usually a few minutes – blinking 12:03am). Then it came back in time to try using a toaster (then stopped – my toaster must have pushed it over the edge) – and was then off for all except 1 hour (or so) in the middle of the day. Now it’s gone off again at 5:30am whilst I was getting my NZ visitor onto the balus bus out of town - - and at 7am it’s not looking like a productive day coming up!

Makes for a long day of filing and cleaning up after the laptop batteries finally die for the day. Next developing country stint I am certainly, certainly lashing out on the bigger/longer battery life - - + a spare battery.

Right, less than 30 minutes battery life left on the laptop, and a few emails to pop out before then..

Oh yes -: BIRDMAN’S CREST!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home